Thanks to Finchy (Discord Member) and BB (Discord Member) for creating this community guide.
With the Help of @BB, I was able to Create this text tutorial for getting ALSv4 merged with SGKv2. Note this is processed on UE5, so may differ.
Note that this is Completed on UE5, so I am using a UE5 ALS Compiled Version i will link for anyone who needs it. Its from the GitHub Linked Below
1 ) Create an empty C ++ project with the name of your project
2) Download ALS from https://github.com/dyanikoglu/ALS-Community
3) Follow steps on how to add to the C++ Project
4) Add the SGK V2 to the Project
5) Navigate to the SGK following Files
And open each file up in the same Window.
6) On Each BP opened Window, Hit Class Settings and Navigate to the Details Bar. Under the Section Labeled Class Options, there is a Option called Parent Class. Choose the following for each
BP_SGKController – > ALS Player Controller (Make sure the File Directory is /Game/Advanced… Or Shows the Game Pad Icon)
BP_SGKGameMode – > ALS Game Mode SP (Make sure the File Directory is /Game/Advanced…)
BP_SGKMasterCharacter – > ALS Character BP/ALS CharacterBP (Make sure the File Directory is /Game/Advanced… Or Shows the Character Icon)
Compile Each one and Save. The Only one that would have issues is the SGKMasterCharacter with a Warning for Toggle Inventory that can be fixed later.
7) Right-Click UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton and Choose Retarget to Another Skeleton. Choose the ALS_Mannequin_Skeleton from the List of options, and press Retarget.
8) Navigate to the Skeleton of the SGK Labeled UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton, and Open It. Navigate to the Skeleton of the ALS Labeled ALS_Mannequin_Skeleton, and Open it Up.
9) Inspect the 2 Skeletons you opened up to see the Bones/Sockets that are different in the UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton from the ALS_Mannequin_Skeleton. Select all the Different items from UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton, Copy (Ctrl+C), Navigate to ALS_Mannequin_Skeleton, and Paste the Sockets.
9) File->Save All, and Right-Click Content Folder and Choose Fix Redir.
10) You can now Delete the UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton and Replace with the Skeleton you just set everything up to ALS_Mannequin_Skeleton.
11) File->Save All, and Right-Click Content Folder and Choose Fix Redir.
12) Navigate to the Files
And open each of them Up, as you will have to Transfer all the Properties and Functions from the SGK Anim Files to the ALS Anim file.
13) Navigate to the File
14) If you are using UE4, you can use this tool to speed the process of this, but If you are in UE5 like I am, this will take a bit of time. If you can use the Tool Below, Skip to Step 18
Scroll down to the Variables Bar in the first SGK Anim File. Expand the Section Do Not Edit, and Drag each item out into the Event Graph. From the Option it gives you, choose Get. Keep them in a Group.
15) Once you have Dragged all the Items out, Select all the Ones you dragged out, Ctrl+C. Navigate to the ALS Anim, and paste in the Event Graph Section.
16) Right Click the First Variable and choose “Create Variable “….” for Each Item. Then Click on One Variable and Change the Category from Default to Do Not Edit. Drag all the others into that Category. You Can now Delete all the ones you dragged out and Copied in the Event Graph, Compile and Save.
17) Navigate to the Function Tab on the side in the SGK Amin file, Click a Function, “Ctrl+C” on it and Paste in the ALS Anim. Do this for all the Functions. Once Done, change the Categories as they are in the SGK.
18) Navigate to BP_SGKMasterCharacter. Click on “Mesh” in the Components Section. Ensure the Character is set. In the “Animation Tab” under “Details”, select the *Animation Mode to “Use Animation Blueprint”. Click the Drop down on “Anim Class” and Choose the ALS_AnimBP.
19) Compile, save, and save all.
20) Navigate to the section My Blueprint, Open Construction Script. Add a Parent Node after the Construction Script, and Plug it in. Compile and Save.
21) Navigate to the Begin Play in the My Blueprint section and open it up. Add a Parent Node after the Construction Script, and Plug it in after the Event BeginPlay node.
22) Compile, save, and save all.
23)Navigate to BP_SGKController, and Open it up.
24) Navigate to the section My Blueprint, Open Construction Script. Add a Parent Node after the Construction Script, and Plug it in. Compile and Save.
24) Navigate to the Begin Play in the My Blueprint section and open it up. Add a Parent Node after the Construction Script, and Plug it in after the Event BeginPlay node.
25) Compile, save, and save all.
26) Edit the Controls as needed.
Note this is the Animation. Changes will need to be altered to get the UI, and other animations all setup.