Getting Started with Blueprints
In this course we will be starting with the basics like what blueprints are and how to navigate the blueprint editor in Unreal Engine 5, right though to creating game play systems and learning how to use many of the main features of blueprints.
The goal of this course is to provide you with useful information and knowledge so that your able to plan and create your own gameplay systems for your future project as well as read other peoples blueprints which can really help speed up the learning process. No previous programming knowledge required!
What will you learn?
- What are blueprints
- How to navigate the Unreal Engine 5 blueprint UI
- What variables are and how to use them
- How to use functions, macros and events to keep your project clean and efficient
- The differences between blueprints types such as characters, game modes and actors
- Blueprints communication including casting, interfaces and event dispatchers
- How to setup player inputs including the new Enhanced Inputs
- How to create and setup widget UI on a players screen
- The fundamentals of animation blueprints
- Spawning actors, particles and sound effects including the new MetaSounds
- How to make a health, interaction, respawn and damage game play systems
- Code organization